Filed under: politics
For the past 6 months or so I have been delivering leaflets for the local Liberal Democrat party, and as you might imagine, the number of leaflets has increased recently, anyone would think there was an election on.
- Some people have driveways that are far too long
- Some people have too many steps.
- It’s a great time for listening to audio books, I like SciFi myself, perhaps a little Cory Docterow?, or Kim Stanley Robinson. Red Mars is an epic story and I can’t wait to listen to the next 2.
- Always open the inner letterbox flap by inserting you hand palm up, if you don’t, you might end up scratching your knuckles.
- Don’t ben too worried about dogs, unless they’re waiting for you on the other side of the letterbox you’ll have plenty of time to make your getaway.
- Marks and Spencer carrier bags are not strong enough, you’ll be lucky to get a half a round out of it before one of the handles goes. Blackburn Rovers store bags survive a few rounds.
- Keep your back straight while walking, don’t slouch.
- Make sure the leaflets go the whole way through, don’t leave them sticking out. My Paperboy training came in really useful here.
- Push other leaflets through too.
- Don’t be tempted to remove opposition leaflets if they’re poking out.
- Don’t drop your elastic bands.
- Take a drink.
- Don’t try and teach your son to ride his bike at the same time, you’ll get nowhere.
Do you have any tips? Any advice for fellow leafleteers?
7 Comments so far
Leave a comment